Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2016

No-sew Quiet Book: Faces

Pin It
I was organizing pictures on my computer the other day and came across these that I never posted from last year! Yes, last January I started making my toddler a few quiet book pages to keep in our church bag to help entertain him at church. I posted the other quiet book pages here on the blog, but somehow this one fell through the cracks.
Even though it's already been a year my toddler still plays with these pages during church. I don't know if it's because he only gets to see them once a week or what, but it's nice to see them still being used!
 This 'Faces' page was really easy to put together, I wasn't worried about perfect shapes and design I just wanted something quick and easy that my little guy could play with, and this is what I came up with.
I just started out with the orange rectangle piece of felt.
I cut out a cream-colored oval shape out of felt, and using my hot glue gun, I glued the oval to the orange piece.
Using some scrap yellow felt I cut out, what is supposed to be hair, and glued it on top of the oval.
 Then I got some black, white, cream, and red scraps of felt and started making the details.
Here we have sunglasses, a nose, two eyebrows, two eyes, and a mouth.
I also made two ears and a mustache.
 I then cut out a blue rectangle piece of felt and glued around the sides and bottom so we had a place to store all of the face pieces.
 Here is what it looks like with all of the pieces put away.
I love watching my son pull out all of the pieces and make 'happy faces' as he calls it.
It's cute to see where he puts the different pieces and which faces he decides to make.
Below I've linked up my other quiet book pages for you to check out as well
Quiet Book: Shape Matching
Quiet Book: Barn and Finger Puppets
Quiet Book: Counting Beads
Quiet Book: Garden Page

5 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! Very creative idea!

    <a href="http://www.adayindurham.com</a>A Day in Durham</a>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved quiet books when my kids were little! Those faces are really fun! Thanks for linking up with the Tips & Tricks Link party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the follow buttons, so now I'm following you. Love this craft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, glad you were able to find them! Welcome aboard!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...