Search This Blog

Friday, November 6, 2015

Bathroom Makeover Reveal

Pin It
It's a cold, cloudy, snuggly kind of day today so I thought I would finally get around to posting the full makeover I did in one of our bathrooms.
We've been in our house just over a year now, back when we first moved in we kind of just put up some decor we had on hand and left it at that.
I've been trying to take one room at a time and 'finish' it, and this one was at the top of my list.
Not only is it our kid's bathroom, but it is also the guest bathroom for anyone who might be over as well.
I've got some before and after pictures for you, and I listed where everything came from or how I made it.
Let's see how it all came together!
Let's take a look at the before pictures.
The first thing I wanted to change was the wall color.
It's actually the same color throughout the rest of our house, since there aren't any windows in the bathroom however, the lights kind of made it look more yellow-ish.
Before I started painting I knew I wanted to get rid of the small towel bar and add some hooks instead.
If you want to see how I did that, you can check out the full tutorial here: Towel Hook Tutorial
So after I removed the towel bar and filled in the holes, my next step was painting.
We had purchased a gallon of BEHR paint from The Home Depot to use in our master bedroom, but after painting two walls in there we decided it wasn't the right color for that room.
I had about 2/3 of the can left and decided it would be the perfect color for the bathroom.
It took me two days to finish the painting. I was only really able to get it done while my toddler was napping, and since I am pregnant I also didn't want to push too hard to finish.
I also had my OCD kick in where I had to take a small paintbrush and go around the top edges because I couldn't stand there being uneven lines!
Once the paint dried I installed the hooks and added some pictures.
I made the two striped canvas pictures (the seahorse and the anchor), if you want to check out the tutorial for those, you can find them here: DIY Beach Themed Canvas Art
We made the picture frame with the seashells about 2 years ago, if you want to check our that tutorial, you can find it here: DIY Seashell Picture Frame
I found the dark grey towels, the fabric shower curtain, and the bath mat all at Wal-mart.
Here is a closer look at above the toilet.
I found the floating shelf at Hobby Lobby and painted it white.
I also got the fish from Hobby Lobby as well.
The block that the fish is sitting on is actually a scrap piece of 2x4 I painted white.
The three large seashells are from my husband's grandma in Argentina, and the glass vase is from the dollar store. It is filled with seashells we have collected ourselves from our many trips to the beach.
I love how this bathroom turned out!
I love the brightness with the blue, grey, white, and dark colors throughout.
Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! I replaced the towel bar for hooks in my kids' bathroom and I love them.
    Thanks for sharing with us at the #HomeMattersParty link party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a beautiful job! I love the new look, especially the paint color!!! Thanks so much for sharing at Share The Wealth Sunday!
    xoxo
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love how much lighter the paint makes it feel! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...