Search This Blog

Friday, February 27, 2015

Tested: Bathtub cleaner

Pin It
Alright, I am going to show you a before and after picture, and I don't want any judging :)
We've all been there people.
 We moved into our new house about 6 months ago.
Everything was so new and clean.
I almost had anxiety from it, because I knew it wouldn't last long, but I wanted it to.
A few months after moving in we unexpectedly had the opportunity to put grass in our backyard.
It took us one very busy week to get everything finished, and at the end of the day we would be covered in dirt and mud and we were exhausted.
It was so hard trying to keep everything clean.
One thing that didn't survive well was our bathtub/shower.
I had some Clorox cleaner on hand that I have used plenty in the past, but this time it didn't do anything.
So I decided to turn to Pinterest.
It has all the answers :)
I found this blog post about cleaning a bath/shower and I already had everything on hand, so I figured I would give it a try.
You will need:

1/2 c. white vinegar
1/2 c. Blue Dawn dish soap
I used 4 T. baking soda, as was recommended, (but next time I would add more so it can be more of a paste)
container to mix it in.
Yes, baking soda and vinegar will cause a reaction. Stay with me here.
I had a tall tupperware container with a lid, so I first poured in the baking soda. With the lid in one hand and the vinegar in the other, I quickly poured in the vinegar and with lightning speed I put on the lid. Hold the lid on tight! Once the vinegar and baking soda settle down you can open the lid and add the Dawn.
On the other blog she said it would be like a paste.
Mine was pretty runny, but I went ahead with the process.
I closed the drain and poured the whole solution into the tub and kind of spread it around,
Let it sit for 2 hours.
The instructions were to then simply wipe up and everything was clean.
I ended up scrubbing for a good 10 minutes with a facecloth, but it worked!
Rinse with water and you are done.
Even though scrubbing was involved, I will probably stick with this method of cleaning because I like that it didn't have any harsh chemicals or smells.
So there you have it, how our tub turned out so clean :)
Do you have any thoughts/tips on tubs/showers? Comment below!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...